Sunday, August 14, 2011

Refurbished!

It's always nice to bring new life to those pieces of jewelry just sitting untouched in your jewelry box. Recently while going through my jewelry box, I rediscovered a sterling silver bracelet that my husband bought for me about 6 years ago when were dating.

I had always wanted an ID bracelet, so I was beyond thrilled. Despite the fact that it was way to big for my dainty wrists, I wore it anyways, thus really scratching it with all of its banging around - unfortunately, that damage cannot be undone. Eventually I took it off and put it aside until I could afford to have it shortened (I was 17, and didn't have much spending money). Years passed, and I just kept putting it off.
Finally a few days ago when finding it lonely and tarnished, I said enough is enough, and I decided to fix it myself.


I always thought the bracelet was just a little to bulky for my wrists, so rather than shortening the existing bracelet, I replaced it with something a little more dainty, and gave it a quick polish.
I recycled the clasp and I can use the old silver bracelet pieces by having them melted down and turned into something else.


I've been wearing it every day since :)

Have you even thought of refurbishing or up-cycling your jewelry?

0 comments:

Post a Comment